Monday, September 26, 2011

What Jen Learnt From Praying Outstide Abortion Clinics

Over at the National Catholic Register, Jennifer Fulwiler writes about the five things she has learned form praying outside abortion mills (my words, not hers.)

She writes:
The first time I went out to pray in front of an abortion clinic as part of a 40 Days for Life vigil, it felt surreal. Not only am I naturally awkward about public displays of faith, but less than a decade ago I was still a pro-choice atheist. In fact, it felt like such an unnatural thing for me to do that I was tempted to back out at the last minute and see if I could find someone else to cover my hour. I’m very glad that I went through with it, because it ended up being a powerful, eye-opening experience. Here are a few things I took away from it:
  1.  The pro-life movement is well organized.  
  2. Average people are getting involved in the pro-life cause.
  3. Communities don’t want abortion facilities in their neighborhoods
  4. Pro-lifers care about the mothers just as much as they care about the babies.
  5. Spiritual warfare is real.
  6. Prayer works. 

0 comments:

Post a Comment